Friday, April 2

Personal Note:
You guys may have noticed that my own blogging has dropped off lately. I am in a bit of a funk. We only have a month-and-a-half left in the semester, and after that I don't know where I'm going. I don't know if I'll move immediately, or stay in Ohio for the summer. I don't have another job lined up yet--I didn't get the SUNY job I wanted, and I'm hesitant to take an "adjunct" position at another midwestern school. So I'm anxious and distracted, even a little depressed. At my age uncertainty and ambiguity are a little harder to handle than when I was your age. I ain't no spring chicken, kids, and I'd like to know that I will continue to be able to put bread on my table, and, well, where that table will be. Through grad school I was sustained by a passion for ideas; but even that seems to be failing me now. All I can think about is the mundane business of trying to plan, in practical terms, how to stay relatively comfortable. Jeez, that sounds bad. I really want my mojo back....