Sunday, February 1

stranded in ohio (darn nice looking blog by the way) expresses frustration with trying to set up a newsbrowser. I know she is not alone, that her feelings are shared by others.
But my first question is why would anyone try to install a newsbrowser on a Saturday night? Get a life! (Kidding.) ;)
But seriously, I'm going to repost part of a message I posted on 1/29:

"For those of you who use Macs and/or those of you who use Windows but are having trouble with the other News Browsers, I have a solution. It's not a perfect solution (it strips out links and you can't click on it to get directly to a blog), but it will suffice. It's an Internet Application appliance called "Central" by Macromedia. You can download it for free here. Yes Mac users, apparently my favorite News Browser, Net News Wire, does not currently support ATOM, so I'm going to use Central myself."

In answer to the further question about whether News Monster accepts ATOM feeds, see the first part of the same post:
"Fortunately, ATOM is just as easy to configure and use, and is compatible with all of the News Browsers I listed earlier (except for Net News Wire)."
See also the tenth post on 1/30.
Gentle reminder: Read my blog carefully.
Gentle reminder #2: Call me or IM me if you get stuck (preferably before you get frustrated).